The internal storage of the Original XBOX is small and if you are planning to have games stored on your console this upgrade is a MUST. The advantage to using the SSD over the SATA drives are that they are potentially faster for loading games and such however I will leave that up to you to decide if its worth the extra money. Todd Gill from RetroFrog.net did a good write up on this subject here and I suggest taking a look and seeing the data he provided.
- This service includes a new good quality 80 wire IDE cable, StarTech IDE to SATA adapter (NOT a cheap Chinese one!), brand new 2TB Western Digital SSD drive and SSD mounting kit (needed for SSD drives)
- 2.5" SSD Drives are Brand New Western Digital Blue Brand and available in 500GB, 1TB & 2TB sizes
- 1TB and less drives will have all the extra space partitioned to drive F:\ (usually around 950GB free space.
- 2TB drives will have all the extra space portioned and split evenly amongst both F:\ and G:\ drives.
- I DO NOT provide games etc.. I will test a game on each partition to make sure everything is functioning properly.